Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Plateau

Every blog is slowing down including some of the outsiders. Patience, With 30 thousand potential reader/dancers on this Island I may be able to do it. I try to be understanding. I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other as good dancing friends in this nice dance world, then it is good. If not, it can’t be helped and we don't have to talk stink about anyone.

"Don't Get Around Much Anymore - Duke Ellington


 Written by Omar Khayyam, 1000 years ago

 From the Rubaiyat
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of spring
Your Winter garment of repentance fling,
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter -- and the Bird is on the Wing

Whether at Naishapur or Babylon
Whether the cup with sweet or bitter run
The Wine of Life keeps oozing drop by drop
The Leaves of Life keep falling one by one.


In addition, I can hope for the information and photo contributors that can make the difference to a dead blog and turn it into a smash hit. If anyone knows of a dance place that does not have a Web site, steer them this way. It may make a big difference and it is all for free. Many do not know the difference in "instead of" or "redundant" and "in addition to," in applying only simple communication to our reader/dancers. And we have over 30 thousand dancers on Oahu.

Social Dancers believe in an old saying.
"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself."