Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Halloween in Wahiawa

Started preparing for the day about 1 PM, and there was plenty for me with my physical difficulties. But I was ready for the Handi Van by six, and it was only 20 minutes late. I don't complain, they are doing much for me. Got there before seven and things were already looking good. Said hello to all my friends and I was lucky and found a young lady to get some photos. She did very well indeed.


"Wahiawa is a wonderful ballroom dance club filled
with love and the joy of dance." ~ Pauline

Dressing to find the best Halloween decoration costume for a dance is rising. But in a social dance club it is just lending the Holiday spirit to the dance and finding the perfect outfit doesn't have to be stressful, expensive nor left to the pre-made costumes at your local party store. There's still plenty of time to make use of your creativity and get a mask, a cape or a special hat whipped up as a part of your costume. The main thing is socializing at a dance.

"Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran (1982)

"Our first time to attend Wahiawa Ballroom Dance Club, so enjoyable and friendly people. We love all of them and we got to meet the President. Thank u all."
~ Vicky Visoria.


"Trick or Treat: I know someone who has the witch stick - be safe."
~Jess and Georgie

Even not dancing I can enjoy myself working on the blog like finding someone new to take pictures of their people. Then the quotes from some of the attendees are well received. The reader can better understand the enjoyment of life these people are having. Some could not attend and in a social club you have no obligation or commitment. You wanna come to dance, have fun with your fellow dancers? Fine. You cannot for whatever the reason? That is your business. No hu hu.

 "Born in the U.S.A." by Bruce Springsteen  (1984)

"So much fun with ballroom dance friends. We enjoy ourselves every time." ~ Paulette


A fun loving crowd, a real "social" with dancers dancing whatevah. Some nice line dances to mix up the music and dance and only one set back. Gotta get more men in there, they can enjoy that fun dancing too. The microphone was on with President or others making announcements now and then. The Ring of Prayer was very nice and I found myself standing pretty steady holding hands with my fellow dancers. And everyone got ready for the Kau Kau.

"We are having a wonderful time at WBDC Halloween dance.
Lots of good food, dancing and great music by Leland."
~ Stephanie, for Aiea Ballroom Dance Association


Everybody lined up to what looked like some Ono Grindz and some were even dancing in line. It looked to me like the members were enjoying the eats. I have a tooth problem and the Prez was gracious enough to got me a little to take home. They went through the process of judging for Costume Prizes. I figure more people will join the costume department just to help everyone get in the spirit of the holidays. And I got ready for my Handi Van at nine and it was a little late, but I got home before ten and first thing was eat up the goodies. I hope everyone had a good  time.

“Social dancers cannot give you a sure-fire formula for success, but they can
give you a formula for failure: - try to please everybody all the time.”